For those who are interested in making a special dessert for Thanksgiving, here’s a good one – The Stuffed Pumpkin Custard!! I found the recipe online from Vandetta Williams, but I modified the recipe a little. If you want to see the original recipe, click here.
Here’s my version. I used fat free half and half and raw honey instead of heavy cream and molasses. I also skipped nutmeg. Those are the main difference between mine and the original one. I have made it twice so far. It’s very delicious and I think the ingredients that I used were just fine!
This recipe is easy to make. It’s tasty and fun to eat. It also looks very cute on the dinner table! If you happen to have one of those small pumpkins, Definitely give it a try! You and your family will love it! :)
- 1 pumpkin, ~3lbs
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of fat free half & half
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 tbsp. butter in tiny cube
- Wash, dry and cut the lid off the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and save for baking later (Great snack!)
- Mix together the eggs, half & half, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and ginger
- Strain the custard mixture to ensure a nice, smooth consistency. Fill the pumpkin with the custard mixture and dot with the butter.
- Cover with the pumpkin lid and place pumpkin in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the mixture has set like custard. ( For my 3 lb pumpkin, it took 2.5 hours. For 1.8 lb, it took 1.5 hours)
Yield: 3-4 servings
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! <3